Cosmetic Dentistry in West Springfield
Would a new smile give you a unique opportunity? Yes, apparently because if you are worried about your misaligned, chipped, stained, discolored or any other kind of tooth problems then you can think of visiting us because we know how to handle cosmetic dentistry correctly. Cosmetic dentistry starts with creating a beautiful, healthy smile and always remember that your mouth is the gateway to several invaders so make sure they do not destroy your precious smile.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
It involves a variety of dental treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth for better aesthetics. It comprises of bleaching, bonding, veneers, reshaping, realignment or implants.
A perfect smile can enhance your self-esteem and confidence. So, like your physical health, you also need to keep your intraoral health sound and fit.
What Are The Different Types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
We offer various types of cosmetic dentistry in West Springfield because we want your smile to last a lifetime. We feel proud when you trust and choose us to work on your smile transformation journey because you know that we care for you.
- Teeth whitening: Are you looking for a simple least expensive treatment for your discolored teeth? The search for it is over because we know how to bring glory to your smile by bleaching your teeth.
- Dental bonding: It is a method in which tooth-colored resin is applied to your teeth and hardened by using a laser or UV ray. It is used to repair cracked, chipped, misshapen or decayed teeth. If you are conscious about the gaps between your teeth, dental bonding is the solution.
- Dental Veneers: If you want a beautiful Hollywood smile, veneers are the best option. They are customized and made of composite, resin or porcelain. While placing them, we remove some of the enamel from the surface of the tooth, and then we cement veneers over the tooth surface.
- Inlays and Onlays: They are indirect fillings made from gold, composite or porcelain materials to fill decayed or damaged teeth. We get them prepared in a dental laboratory. If the dental material bonded within the center of a tooth, it is considered as inlay whereas when the filling involves one or more points or act as an alternative to a crown, it is said to be an onlay.
- Dental crowns: You can consider it as a tooth-shaped cap which covers a damaged tooth to improve its size, shape, function, and appearance. A variety of materials can be used to make a crown such as metal; porcelain fused with ceramic, metal or resin.
- Invisalign: This comprises of an easily removable and transparent appliance which is less visible while smiling or talking and you can remove them any time when required.
What is the Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure?
Cosmetic Dentistry can include the following procedures:
- Cosmetic Bonding: We care for your smile, so a tooth-colored material known as the composite is skillfully applied to one or more teeth to improve your precious smile. The teeth get thoroughly cleaned, and the correct shade of composite material chosen. The bonding material applied to the tooth in multiple layers, and each layer hardens with a high-intensity UV curing light. In the end, we use polishing disks, stones, and burs to polish and shape the tooth. The life span of this procedure depends on your oral hygiene maintenance, bonded surface area and bite stress.
- Cosmetic gum-reshaping: It involves gum lift or gingival recontouring by carving of excess gingival tissue to elongate your small teeth and to give your smile a perfect symmetry. The area to be sculpted will get marked, and a soft tissue laser will then be used efficiently to remove excess gingival tissue to reveal the hidden tooth surface. We know that some of you may have a dental fear or anxiety so no need to worry because it is a non-invasive procedure with minimal discomfort and rapid recovery. It will give you that pretty smile which will enhance your personality.
- Crowns: They act as a cap or cover for your damaged or decayed teeth. It can restore your appearance and masticatory function. If the tooth undergoing treatment is extensively damaged, then we use special filling material to build up the tooth to support the crown. Once it gets installed in the oral cavity, a mold will be taken to ensure your proper bite. A temporary crown placed while the permanent fabricated which is mounted in your oral cavity later. It acts as a natural looking tooth substitute and improves your masticatory function.
- Dental Bridges: They are either removable or permanent appliances used to replace your missing teeth. They involve one to three artificial teeth known as pontics. We will smooth the adjacent teeth in preparation for crowns, and meanwhile, a mold of your teeth is made and sent to the dental laboratory where the bridge will get fabricated. We care for you; therefore, we will install a temporary bridge to protect the surrounding teeth and gums. Later, your temporary bridge will get removed, and the customized appliance will get fixed.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant considered as a permanent solution. While treatment planning, we will take a series of imaging to assess bone structure to evaluate whether a bone graft is required or not. We consider our patients comfort as our responsibility; therefore, the patient is administered a local anesthetic before the start of treatment. Titanium implants drilled within your jawbone as a root substitute and a temporary restoration placed till the healing completed. Later, this restoration is replaced by a permanent prosthesis which makes your personality to reach full potential while wearing that pretty appealing smile.
- Veneers: Composite and porcelain veneers come in a variety of colors. Therefore, we make them match the surrounding dentition. At times we may recommend a teeth-whitening procedure before the placement of veneers because they have a permanent color. They are long-lasting and gives a natural glory to your smile. The method may take several hours. Composite ones require less time for application as compared to porcelain veneers which are stain resistant.
- Dentures: Depending on the procedure dentures may require several appointments. We carry out a complete evaluation of gums and bone structure initially. A series of molds are then needed to determine the appropriate shape, size, and color for your natural looking teeth. This information is then used to fabricate your perfect denture.
- Teeth-straightening: If you feel shy to smile due to your misaligned teeth, our teeth straightening procedure will help you achieve a straight, symmetrical smile. We do imaging, and a thorough oral examination is carried out to plan the specific process accordingly.
- Teeth whitening procedures: They can get categorized as, in-office teeth whitening, at-home teeth whitening and over-the-counter (OTC) teeth whitening systems.
In-office teeth whitening procedures are expensive but provide fast and excellent results. It involves teeth bleaching by using gels and solutions which contain hydrogen peroxide. Gels can be used with a light or laser to accelerate the process.
At-home whitening considered by us is as the most effective and safest technique. It uses agents which are lesser in strength as compared to hydrogen peroxide, or a lower concentration of hydrogen peroxide can also work. We prepare a mold of your teeth to fabricate custom plastic trays. We apply a few amounts of whitening gel to the inside of the custom tray which our patients wear according to the instructions provided to them.
Over-the-counter (OTC) whitening systems usually contain a lower peroxide formula and are less expensive. It may lack adequate coverage and allow the saliva to dilute bleaching solution.
- Tooth reshaping: This procedure involves less cost as compared to porcelain veneers. It may require some imaging of the teeth. Teeth may be marked with a pencil to aid the dentist during sculpting which results in an ever-lasting evenly spaced smile.
- TMJ disorders: Most common recommended treatment to fix your TMJ is either a splint or night guard. This procedure results in freedom from pain and better jaw mobility along with improved masticatory function.
Let us know if your currently has any of the following. Our cosmetic dentist West Springfield MA can help improve your smile.
- Broken teeth
- Disfigured teeth
- Dark cavity fillings
- Chipped teeth
- Stained teeth
- Crooked teeth
Cosmetic dentistry improves the aesthetics of your smile. But, a lot of the common procedures can also assist with biting better and speaking clearer.
Which Procedure is Best?
All of these options are great choices. Your situation may narrow them to one or a few. We would need to examine your teeth and discuss the most appropriate approach.
Does Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dentistry?
We know that Cosmetic dentistry is an elective procedure and most Dental insurance companies consider it has no medical necessity as compared to restorative dental procedures. Therefore, do not cover all your expenses. We would recommend you to always verify with your dental insurance company whether your cosmetic dentistry procedures receive coverage or not.
Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry in West Springfield
The price for our various cosmetic dentistry procedures varies concerning our patient’s need, materials used and our quality of work. We can never estimate the exact cost without carrying out a detailed examination of the patient’s oral cavity. So, do you want to give your smile a fresher, brighter and even younger look?
Call us today at (413) 732-0660 to book a consultation with us or make an online appointment because we will love to be the reason behind your virtually beautiful smile.